Download here for your FREE guide
“10 ways to practice self-care through nutrition”
20 possible outcomes of working together
Which ones would you want for your life?
1. “I have so much less stress around food”
2. I do not think about food all the time”
3. “I am finally understanding how to increase variety at meals and snacks with adequate, satisfying amounts”
4. “I am so much kinder and compassionate to myself
”5. “I sit down and mindfully eat most meals/snacks and I notice I am not mindlessly snacking anymore”
6. “I have much less cravings and no binges”
7. “The scale does not dictate my mood for the day “
8. “I move my body because it’s my time for self-care, emotional, and physical health”
9. “I put myself first now”
10. “I began to realize how my black and white thinking around food contributed to my cycle of dieting over the years. I have so much less guilt with food”
11. “I am not labeling food as good or bad”
12. “I was able to leave food on my plate when I felt satisfied and that never happened to me before”
13. “I didn’t want ice cream for the first time in years because I knew I could have it. It’s amazing how my brain is rewired after 9 months of sessions”
14. “There are 4 bags of chips in my house that are not calling my name all because of the work we did to habituate, the chips do not hold so much power over me anymore. I gave the power to myself”
15. “I feel better mentally and physically. I have more energy and confidence”
16. “I have found new ways to cope with my emotions. When I do not feel a physical hunger. I no longer go to food when I’m stressed, sad, angry, or bored. I have learned there are so many other ways to soothe these emotions”
17. My diabetes A1c level improved greatly from 9 to 7.4 percent in 3 months with including ALL foods. No restrictions. I am so thankful to have this guidance”
18. “I am less irritable, less anxious and feeling calmer in my day knowing why and how to nourish my body with a variety of all foods”
19. “I have undone 20 years of food related trauma in the last year. Without the constant stress of restrictions and dieting I can finally focus on what’s important in my life”
20. “Lauren focuses on your relationship with food and body, and I can tell you this has been the best decision for myself”
Discover Don't Diet
Don’t Diet Dietitian program is unique, and I am not your average dietitian as I focus in on the emotional and mental component missing from many other programs you may have done in your past. I am compassionate to your needs and non-judgmental. You will learn how to become more self-aware with your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. I help guide and support you towards a better relationship with food, body, and self. You will learn sustainable and realistic behaviors unlike any fad or short-term diet. My goal with each client is to make them feel their best without restricting food categories. I work on the whole person physical, emotional, and mental.
My focus is shifting from a diet restriction mindset that society teaches, I must debunk a lot of the myths about nutrition, weight, and health. A journey where you never fail but instead learn a self-care approach. There is progress, never perfection, as you begin to realize the “why” behind your food decisions. My client outcomes are wonderful as you truly feel empowered from within to set the intentions needed to improve your health! I want to impact those who need help with their relationship with food, body, and self.
“You can’t change the way you take care of yourself until you change the way you talk to yourself.”
Thank you for being here!
IS THIS YOU?
You have been dieting on and off for many years and feel burnout out and frustrated…
You lose and regain weight over and over…
You tell yourself you will be better tomorrow or Monday over and over….
You are trying to rely on willpower, motivation, or discipline and it’s just not working….
You find yourself binging on foods later in the day or evening and feel like its due to emotional eating
You frequently skip meals or eat less to compensate for overeating the day before…
You feel guilt, shame, and regret when you eat foods you deem as “bad or unhealthy” …
You think about food constantly….
You don’t want to have to worry about tracking points, macros, calories….
You have said the words “I will be happy once I reach X lbs”….
I am Lauren Dorman, a Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Therapist and
owner of Don’t Diet Dietitian, a virtual and in-person private practice for:
Adults who have dieted most their lives and want to be done with the binge-restrict cycle
Children and teens with disordered eating, eating disorders, and poor body image
Families that want to learn how to increase variety for selective eaters
Diabetes and cholesterol management
My consultations/coaching specialties include:
End the yo-yo cycle for good
Body Image therapy
and self esteem
Body respect and compassion
Heal your relationship with food, body, and mind
The 10 principles of IE
Coping with your emotions
Diabetes and pre-diabetes.
Improving glucose levels
without any restrictions!
Speaker for schools,
When you work with me there are:
No tracking apps
No measuring foods
No calorie counting
No guilt or shame after eating
No good food bad foods
No scales or focus on weight
No diet products
No before and after photos
1 / Statistically, the most predictable long-term outcome of dieting is weight gain.
2 / Diets were designed to fail you—you never failed any of them; the industry now has repeat customers!
3 / Diets decrease metabolism and increase fat storage.
4 /They increase food cravings and food obsession, often leading to binges.
5 / Dieting can cause irritability, anxiety, and depression, which all affect your mental health.
6 / Diets increase stress response in your body.
7 / The body’s physiology is such that it wants to be fed consistently with enough energy throughout the day.
8 /Dieting can result in feelings that promote a sense of failure or lack of willpower, causing body distrust.
9 / Diets are not built from a goal of empowerment and improved health; in fact, yo-yo dieting increases the risk of heart disease and premature death.
10 / Genes are largely responsible—about 70% for each individual’s set weight point range.
Check out our Client Testimonials
Here's what they have to say:
“Thank you so much, Lauren, for guiding me to a new mindset with my food choices! Though we only worked together for a short time, you really helped me realize that the way I had been eating had been more about what I was “supposed” to eat, rather than choosing foods that I “wanted” to eat. You also taught me how to build my meals to have a balance of healthy foods, while at the same time including foods that I enjoy! I now understand the importance of listening to my body with respect to my eating habits. As a person who has dieted for many years, I feel that I have a new relationship with food. Thank you for all of your amazing support!!”